We are thrilled to announce a $100 million Series E financing led by Coatue, bringing our valuation to $4.2 billion. Previous investors Benchmark, Accel, Addition, Dragoneer, Durable Capital Partners, and 9Yards Capital increased their investment in the company, and Altimeter, Blackstone, GIC, Pictet, Sequoia Heritage, and SVB Capital also participated.
We’re known for building trust in the cryptocurrency industry as the leading provider of software that enables government agencies and private sector businesses across the world to detect and prevent cryptocurrency crime and money laundering. Our work is only becoming more important as cryptocurrency enters the mainstream. And new applications for our underlying data – like market intelligence and business data – are emerging, too.
We will use this capital to execute our vision as the blockchain data platform for cryptocurrency. This means we are investing in:
- Data. Our tools are only as good as our underlying data, and Chainalysis is the only company that has been systematically collecting information that links real world entities to blockchain transactions since 2013. We’re committed to deepening our data advantage by covering more cryptocurrencies, focusing on emerging use cases like DeFi, and launching a Global Intelligence function to more quickly identify warning signs for potential threats and reduce time to response.
- Software. We’re continuing to invest in our investigations and compliance tools, as well as newer products like Market Intel. Specifically, we’re working on developing collaboration tools in our suite of software solutions so that public and private sector teams can work together from the same data set to reach a consistent, shared understanding.
- Access. We’re also providing direct access to Chainalysis data through APIs so that government agencies, financial institutions, and cryptocurrency exchanges can combine Chainalysis data with information from within their enterprises to make better decisions.
We believe blockchain data is the asset that can help public and private sector organizations understand the risks and opportunities surrounding this asset class and promote its adoption safely and successfully. Our partners at Coatue understand the power of our vision for the Chainalysis data platform and the software, access, and services it powers.
We are also pleased to welcome new members of the Chainalysis team, including:
- Chief Product Officer Pratima Arora, who joins from Atlassian where she was Head of Confluence product line
- General Counsel Sarah Ward, who was previously General Counsel for SiSense
- Director of Cyber Intelligence Rob Bone, who joins after a 20 year career in the FBI, most recently as Special Agent in Charge for Los Angeles, where he was appointed by the FBI Director to lead all counterintelligence and cyber investigations in Southern California
Thank you to our customers and partners for your continued work in making cryptocurrency a legitimate and trusted part of the global financial system.
If you're interested in working at the intersection of technology, finance, and government, check out our open positions. We’re hiring hundreds of new positions across all functions to continue our global expansion.
Interested in learning more about the Chainalysis Blockchain Data Platform? Schedule time here with one of our experts.